Monday, October 12

Til death do us part

I am going to go out on a ridiculously creepy and thin limb here and share with you a well kept secret of mine...
I am a serial wedding website/blog visitor.


It's not in a unfortunate
"my wedding dress is already bought and paid for, sitting in my closet, and I'm not even in a relationship,"
kind of way.
Nothing like that.



Its in a
"I love to make things beautiful, I wish there were more events like weddings, I wish people dressed up like they should at weddings everyday, I love the celebration of love,"
kind of way.

To be perfectly honest, the celebration of love is its biggest lure.
I love that people are still getting married, when its perfectly normal not to. Its like people are willing to face the 50/50 odds, because that how much they love this person.
People still get married, as scary as it is, because who wants to spend their lives protecting their hearts?
It's pure poetry.

People are always happy at weddings too. Its like looking at a new born baby (which I sometimes google) there is peace and innocence in that picture.

Also I love a good party. And I don't mean "let's listen to digital Britney and call it music, and grind and call it dancing party."

I mean a party where there are cute cakes, and you made your Orange dress specifically for this party, and the men all look nice and wear bow ties and chase after the kids, and the women have fun hair pieces and hats and coddle baby lambs and bunnies, whilst we listen to Johnny Cash.

Lastly I love looking at wedding stuff because it fills a creative hole that is ignored both by school and work. Its amazing idea after amazing idea and I feel better being in its presence.

So there you have it, I am creepy.

L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Log