Thursday, October 22

Album of the Year.... and all the years to come.

I was talking to my friend Daryl about how you associate certain artists, or albums with a particular time of the year.
For example, Bouncing Souls' Hopeless Romantic CD, always reminds me of summer. Therefore I listen to it in the summer. David Bowie always reminds me of Thanksgiving/my birthday, so I listen to his greatest hits the most during that time of year.
He said that was probably the most sensical thing I have ever said, apparently I constantly talk about things nobody understands but me.

All that all leads up to this; The Good Life's Album of the Year.
This falls under the same vein as my Tim Kasher post, because hello, Tim is The Good Life.
But for some reason I wanted them to be separate.
Album of the Year is my fall anthem. Then as October leaves, it becomes my winter anthem.
(do you see what I did there?)
I really love Novena on a Nocturn, but Album of the Year paints a picture, tells a story from start to finish. I like to believe that its all about one lady and himself.
Is that not the most romantic thing you can think of?
L

1 comment:

Blog Log