Tuesday, October 20

Film #2: John Carpenter's, The Thing
Who knew that Kurt Russell was such a buck back in 1982?

I kept thinking the entire movie, how if Lucy was watching this with me, she would totally love MacReady and his beard. He may not be a mountain man but he is so badass that I think she would over look the lack of mountain man, and be on the badass killing alien monsters, wagon.

I really hope they never remake this movie. Because you know if they do they will destroy the awesomeness that was the special effects of 1982. This movie has the best monsters in it, hands down.

Part of this is due to the fact that they are comprised of puppets and models and an exceptional large use of movie gore. They would be so lame if they were CGI, I think people need to stop over whoring the CGI. Granted they can do great things with it. But I love the make-up and costumes and puppets of yesteryear. I thought that I am Legend could have been way better if they would had a mixture of costumed creatures that looked, I don't know-real, as well as CGI. It just felt like I, Robot to me. Also, if I ever find myself in Antarctica and there is a Mutant Alien outbreak that is taking on traits of my fellow conatinees, you can guarantee I will go all kinds of RJ MacReady on your ass. L

2 comments:

  1. I am alway on the badass killing aliens wagon, its the best wagon to be on. Also I love that you know me so well!
    I scrolled down and saw his beard and got so exciteD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a epic good beard and he wears it so well

    ReplyDelete

Blog Log