Monday, October 26

Film #6: The Last House on the Left
I have hit my horror movie wall. Turns out, that even though I love them and all, I prefer a little more of a mix in my movie watching. This movie was not in my original line up. However my desire to watch any more violence and horror after seeing this movie was pretty slim. So it is replacing a previously carefully selected movie, to save my sanity. I mostly agreed to watching this movie because I thought it would be a good time like, some impressive slashing and gore. Which there was plenty of, but there was so much more. This movie is actually really heavy and it was really sad, which make a slashing movie (for me) harder to enjoy.

The whole point of this movie is to realize that if this had happened to someone you loved, you would do whatever it took to take care of them. So, I guess at the end you should feel vindicated that the trio of trash gets their comeuppance. But I didn't, it just made me sick. I will give them all a round of applause for making it so beileveable, enough to make me sick. There has got to be something said for that, right? L

1 comment:

  1. Totes! Me and my sister saw this and kind of just felt yucky after. Did you know this was a remake though and Wes Craven did the original? I heard the original is a lot different though and even has a different ending... haha so maybe its not really a remake after all.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Log