Monday, October 19

I'm sorry little Andy or Jenny

To celebrate this wonderful Holiday season, I have decided to review 10 Horror films. One a day until Halloween. I am super excited and I hope you all are as well.
Film #1 - Rosemary's Baby


I feel like I could do an entire post on how amazing Mia Farrow's clothes are in this movie. I sincerely want everything she wears in this movie. Also, I wouldn't mind looking like her at some point in my future. Especially considering the fact that in the recent movie remake of "The Omen", with Liev Schreiber and Julia Stiles. Mia plays a nanny with a special secret and the lady looks amazing and she is 70 something years old. Also Ruth Gordon is amazing. I watched the special features and the producer was talking about just this. He put it really great when he said that the only woman who could make it beilevable having an 18 year old boy falling in love with an 80 year old woman (Harold and Maude), would be for it to be Ruth Gordon.


The cool thing about Rosemary's Baby is, it is a Horror movie without any actual Horror. The most horrific thing in this movie is a dream sequence, which you aren't even sure if it is real until the end. Also there is only 1 scene with blood, which makes this a movie, in a league of its own. Instead of monsters with nine heads and a need for flesh. Rosemary is fighting people she should be able to trust, they are the monsters. And she is not just fighting for her life but for the life of her unborn baby. The scariest part of this movie is you don't even know if all of this is happening or if she is just crazy. Because I think this is my biggest fear of all, that I am actually just cray mc crazy pants. The other very interesting thing about this movie is the overall message of: a mother will do anything for her child. Even if the child is the spawn of Satan. Because, Aren't you his mother Rosemary? L


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Log