Monday, October 19

heart to hart

My sisters and I all had a really great slumbie party on Friday night, I wont tell you what we did because its private.
Anyhooey, Saturday afternoon I managed to get some time alone to watch television, which is one of my favorite pass times. Watching TV alone, and just watching TV in general I suppose.

My point is though, that I watched a Loaded episode on Fuse, and the featured artist was Pink. I remember sitting in an English class around this time last year talking about her Funhouse CD with a few people. We all decided that when it came to pop artists Pink definitely stood out, but in a good way.

I can so see my brother-in-law Josh just cringing in his boots at this. So hear me out Josh. Would you not agree that anybody who can do something, well, and do it somewhat on their own terms should receive even a sliver of esteem?

And by that I mean, homegirl is nuts. Her music videos are crazy and you can tell she doesn't take herself too seriously, she makes fun of herself, and silly things like Lindsay Lohan. And as much as I hate Carry Hart, their on again off again relationship is handled with relative aplomb.

Also I think she sings about pretty relatable things, not how She's so lucky, she's a star but she cry, cry, cries in her lonely heart, thinkin ''If there's nothing missing in my life, Then why do these tears come at night?'"

Plus I think the fact that she always has boy-short hair is really refreshing.
L


1 comment:

  1. I agree, I love Pink, as much as a girl can love any pop star.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Log