Tuesday, October 6

I love you so much, it's retarded.

Every time I see ardent public displays of affection I want to hurl myself off of the Eiffel Tower (meticulously chosen, because I want to see Paris before I die)
Literally it makes me ill.
Even worse is said affection at a concert. I think it is the lot in life of Liz and myself to be stuck behind these idiots.
Case in point: We were at Devotchka and this couple was all over one another, I say that literally and perhaps a hair figuratively. He would straight up lift her in the air and then would resume touching (the whole thing seemed very sensory and very much like they were on Ecstasy.)
Then one time this oldish couple made out right smack in front of us at Iron and Wine, this was almost worse because I absolutely couldn't look away, I was positive his yellow teeth were going to fall out into her mouth at any moment.

Not all public affection is bad though. Once when I was waiting for the L in Chicago, it was SO cold and dark; and this couple was standing adjacent to me.
He was rubbing her hands for her, you know to keep her warm.
I almost cried, it was so sweet.
I like the picture too, sometime you just need to be held and it might be in public. But it shouldn't be always, and you should refrain from touching each other in inappropriate places, and giving one another a tongue bath.
I'm a prude like that.
L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Log