Wednesday, October 21

I shot him six times and he is still alive!


Film #3: Halloween 2

How appropriate is this movie? I will answer with a, so appropriate. Apparently this was the first sequel to start at the exact moment the previous movie ended. Which, I guess is cool, I don't know, whatever. I spent a good deal of this movie being totally annoyed. I have seen it before and I knew for instance, that Mike Meyers can not die. But it seemed exceeding unbelievable this time around.



Even though Anthony kept reminding me, HE ISN'T HUMAN, every time I screamed at the TV "OH, come on, He is on fire and he has been shot in both eyes." I am still a bit put out by the whole thing. This was one of the movies to write the rules of Slasher flicks and I am mad they didn't do a better job. For instance, why do they always run back in the building or school or hospital? In the end Jamie Lee Curtis runs past a car, with open doors and keys in the ignition, to the locked hospital doors. Even after it is obvious that Mike is closing in fast(or not super fast, because, Mike Meyers is hands down the most patient murder ever. He never runs, NEVER. No matter that if he did he would get to his victim before the very slow elevator managed to open, also he waited 15 years to seek revenge or finish the job or whatever, like I said most patient ever) she doesn't switch her plan, she just stays put. It is maddening. I mean obviously this is the point of the movie. But it really irks my noodle, that, the girls are especially stupid in these movies. The other very stupid characters tend to be the ones, in which we should be able to put our trust in most. The poor town of Haddonfield had it coming, it was bound to have a mass murder break out and take it down, considering the bunch of pansy ass cops they have running a muck.




However, even with its many flaws, there is something to be said about the staying power of a good Halloween slasher flick. I was talking to Marianne and Lucy about this, after we saw a trailer for Saw 6. We were a little aghast at there being so many of those movies. Then we decided in the vain of Halloween Franchise films, it was very appropriate for there to be so many. And I don't even feel sad that Rob Zombie is remaking these films. Or that Nightmare on Elm Street is being remade. It is all in good Halloween fun, and it is Good Halloween Fun! L

1 comment:

Blog Log