Wednesday, September 16

Your toilet is on fire

I really wanted to see Labor Pains. Which I think puts me in very small category of people, a category that includes myself and my sisters. There is something inside of me, that makes me care what Lindsay Lohan is doing with her life. Part of it is that she is just a complete mess. She herself is a mess, her family is a mess, her career is a mess, the total package is messy. The thing that is so enthralling is that the mess is self inflicted. She is her own worst enemy. And I get some satisfaction from watching the whole messy thing play out. Which is why I wanted to see Labor Pains. I mean right? Lindsay Lohan's come back movie after going to rehab not once, not twice, but three times. Or maybe she was arrested three times. Either way the girl is only 23 and has had a way more exciting/crappy life than I ever hope of having.
I wish this could have been a group experience, I mean it was- in that Lucy was there and so was Marianne, but all of you should have been there. Overall, and I have been going back and forth on this one, it wasn't a bad movie. In fact if any other female had been cast, anyone else, and this movie could actually move into the good category. The cast has some really great comedic people in it like, Cheryl Hines, Chris Parnell and Jeaneane Garafalo. The script and story were pretty solid, the only time it fell flat was when Lohan was behind the wheel. Because it didn't matter what she said, or how they did her hair or what she wore. You just only saw Lindsay. I never once saw the character of Thea. I just saw Lindsay's dirty orange skin, large "natural" breasts, and that picture of her passed out drunk in a car. And it is too bad because Luke Kirby, who plays her love interest, wasted his big chance by being in this movie. He was (after much debate, cause sometimes he looked sick and he may have had child molester hair) a total buck. He deserved to be able to make out with or act along side someone better. Everyone who worked on this movie deserves someone better. We all deserve someone better, hell, she even deserves better than herself. L

1 comment:

Blog Log