Thursday, September 3

We mustn't dwell... no, not today. We CAN'T. Not on Rex Manning day.



Liz and I were watching Empire Records the other night while we were sewing. It was SO enjoyable, and we both wondered why that wasn't our job. One day it will be.

Anyhoodie, sweet sweet Empire Records. I was sitting there thinking that it was such a great part of my childhood, and then I decided it was great part of Jack White's childhood as well. That he probably fell in love with Rene Zellweger the second she asked Lucas where Joe was.




I then thought that he probably decided to subsequently work in a record store, to live his life as an ode to Rene. But wait, something better... he wouldn't just merely work in a music store, no, he would make actually make music. Fast foreword through his life, and hit play when he and the love of all his life are in Cold Mountain together. You can literally feel the excitement as his heart plunges to the dirt below him when he finds this out, cant you?

Only he was 20 when the movie came to be. Not so much the 13 year old shaver I had been imagining as this wonderful scenario played out in my head. Still, he very well could have had the same-ish experience as I had hoped.
And while I have you... I liked their union. There was something so odd about the paring that I found down right lovely. But alas, I feel like both of their careers (maybe really just his) have benefited from the separation. L

1 comment:

  1. The only downside to his new life is his wife has none eyebrows

    ReplyDelete

Blog Log