Monday, September 21

White Cheddar Cheez-its are delish

So let us discuss on this wonderful Monday morning, Jennifer's Body. I must preface that I am a fan of horror movies. I was not always, they take some getting use to. The really disappointing and awesome thing about horror movies, is they tend to have really crappy scripts and stories. For instance, I was really excited when they decided to do a Texas Chainsaw beginnings movie. Because I thought for sure that they would show you the "why" to why Leather Face was so crazy. I wanted to journey through his childhood, see those kids pick on him. I wanted a better glimpse into that family, what they did to the kids who picked on him. Instead we got the exact same movie as all the rest, only this time it was the first time he killed the teenagers that mistakenly crossed his path. BORING. Give me some more messed up back story, give me something to really freak me out.
Which brings us to Jennifer's Body, in which Megan Fox plays a demonic high school girl eating her class mates. While her bestie Neddy aka Amanda Seyfried tries to work her feelings of having a demonic bestie. It does give you a why as to why Megan Fox is a demon. It breaks the usual formula and Diablo Cody does a great job with the story and script. It was so refreshing having some funny dialogue and a different perspective. And for all of you that are not going to see this movie because you can't handle Miss Fox, go see it anyway. Amanda Seyfried is the main character in this movie and she handles it well, she can act. And Miss Fox does a way better job than you would think. I mean she is not going to win any awards and she has a harder time delivering Diablo's quirky lingo, but she is believable as the dumb slutty best friend. I think that she makes a smart choice in being the object of all the boys desires. I mean Right? She is totally hot. And if I have not convinced you already I give you two more reasons that might just seal the deal.

1. JK Simmons plays a teacher with a claw hand.

2. AMY SEDARIS plays Amanda's Mom!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome I know. L

3 comments:

  1. I had my doubts about Shmegan Fox in this but I think you guys have thoroughly convinced me... plus I am a fan of horror movies as well and I dont think I would feel right letting one little lady get in the way of my love for them. Im going to see it asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is because you are totally awesome. I love running into you at Urban Outfitters, lets do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im down like charlie brown! We will totes have to do it again cuz I loved it as well.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Log