Monday, September 21

Death of a Cheerleader


So I was watching TV on my parents lovely cable yesterday when Death of a Cheerleader aka A Friend to Die For, came onto ABC family. It was either that or Kendra on E! and I couldn't do that to myself. (Sorry if you love it, I get guilty pleasures, I just loath her... Oh, that laugh.) Instantly I was hooked, death and ABC Family generally don't mix.
So the main plot line is this girl who wants to be popular (the one who looks sad in the picture, and is not Tori "My Daddy's Famous" spelling) and she will do anything to make it happen. She isn't unfortunate, or even a little bit crazy, just your average nobody. She ends up inviting the smug blond (who IS Tori "My Daddy's Famous" Spelling) who subsequently makes fun of her and leaves said party. Sad girl gets worried that Blondie McGee will make fun of her at school, so she followes her home and stabs her to death... with a vegetable knife!
This all happens relatively quickly then the rest of the movie is all about loser sad pants feeling guilty (sometimes) but mostly just being OK that she killed the blond.
I seriously felt guilty like I had killed the mean cheerleader the entire time, I mean I literally felt ill.
Then at the end of it it mentions "the real so-and so". Turns out the story is totally based on true events, which is really creepy, but the worst is that they named it Death of a Cheerleader! Can you even imagine being in prison and having people say, "Were going to make a made for TV movie about you and call it Death of a Cheerleader." I mean cheerleading is how we got ourselves into this mess, can we not base it around her biggest insecurity? L


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Log