Friday, September 11

Was that Latin?


I do realize that today is a reverent day. I however don't feel comfortable putting a post up about 9/11 when I have a picture of Miley in never nude shorts. This just isn't a very serious blog, so please forgive this. This is however a perfect blog to pay respects to Wes Anderson for being freakin awesome. I was watching, more falling asleep to Darjeeling Limited last night and I was just thinking as I drifted; I will post about Wes and his freakin awesomeness. I realize I do a lot of movie posts. That is only because I watch a lot of movies and I really have nothing else to offer you. One of the many great things about Wes is his use of music. It is not only how great his music is but how he uses it in the movie to capture a scene. Almost as if it is the most perfect soundtrack of your life. Because if I was arriving at the bus station to pick up my brother, whom I was secretly in love with, Nico "These Days" would always be the song playing in my head. Or how he creates a hyper sense of reality that is almost cartoonish in a way, but so familiar. I love the actors he uses. Angelica Houston is so beautiful , Jason Schwartzman needs no explanation and Bill Murray is badass. I even have a dog named Steve Zissou, because of Bill and Wes.

Wes is someone I would really like to sit down and drink a cup of tea with. We can gab about loving David Bowie and what India is like at midnight. Because I have always wanted to go there and I feel like Wes could give me some good places to eat and what Temples to visit. I could tell him how brilliant I think it is that he is doing and animated cartoon next, based on a Ronald Dahl book. We can discuss how Ronald Dahl is my favorite children's author and maybe he can do The BFG next, but make it live action. Because I have always thought that the BFG should become a movie and with him behind the wheel, it could possibly reduce me to tears. Where Bill plays the big friendly giant, I mean can you imagine? I have chills. So anyway, Wes Anderson is the Margot to my Richie, the Ned to my Steve, and the Max to my Rosemary. O - R they. L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Log