Wednesday, September 16

He's with the hippie in the park coming over the dark. Part II

So when I first heard The Killers it was on Pepsi Smash , they played Jenny Is a Friend of Mine and lost to Joss Stone, i believe. I totally dug there sound, but they became super popular after that moment. I then remember just feeling like they were a guilty pleasure.

Then they came out with Sam's Town. I was so surprise that they did something different, not so pop, and they came right out on top. I loved how much passion you could feel they put into the album; especially with tracks like For Reasons Unknown. They were quickly becoming more.





Fast forward to this weekend when Marianne, Liz and I are driving to Wyoming (I love you) and listening to Day and Age.
I remember listening to a sample of the album in Hot Topic and feeling OK about it.Then Human came out and was played on the radio ALL the time. I seriously abhor that song. So I was pleasantly surprised with how much I loved the album.
I really love that they are always The Killers, but sound appropriately different with every album.
To me that is a great artist (unlike coffDaveMatthewsBandcoff.) They are now a pleasure pleasure.
Also let me just say that Marianne and I were on the same plane as the drummer from Las Vegas to our home airport. We wanted to talk to him but chickened out. Also I saw Brandon Flowers and his wife walking down the street while is was working at a restaurant. I almost died, and one of the customers said he would watch the desk for me while I mobbed him. Only thing thing is I would have said I loved his work, and that Sam's Town really might be the best album in 20 years, and then he would either be awkward and say thanks, or be awkward and walk away. Meeting people you love is so disappointing cause you can never tell them how much their work means to you, and they will never remember you. L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Log