Monday, November 16

Would you light my candle?

I have this really great horse lamp that my grandma gave to me.
My uncle made it for her, so I never expected her to hand it over to me so easily. Which she did.
The thing that is so sad about lamps now days is that they are rarely good. They serve the purpose of lighting your page, but generally come in boring shapes, sizes, and colors.
The saddest thing, is that people hardly ever even notice the lamp, and when they do, they think its weird.
Like, "Oh, a horse."
No, IT'S A HORSE!
One time when I was small my brother Josh and his wife Katherine lived in a small house behind my sister Peggy and her husband josh.
(confusing)
And somebody said, "Oh yeah, you live in the house with the cool blinds."
The thing about that is, is that there blinds were cool, but there house was the raddest; super chic and beautiful. Seriously Katherine is a decorating whizz.
Why is it that people never notice the things you take the most pride and joy in?
L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Log