Friday, November 20

What are feces? Baby mice. Ahhh!

The following, are my two most horrific experiences with Mice.

1. When I was younger, my sister, mom and me, spotted a mouse in our dining room. My dad being the mighty man he is, came to our rescue. Instead of moving out of the way to help aid him in the capture of the frantic rodent. We stayed put and proceeded to scream at the top of our lungs. My dad, who had put on some work gloves, was trying to catch the mouse, as it darted in between our feet. The next series of events are unclear. I remember him saying "Look Out!" a lot and us screaming and not moving out of his way. I also am not sure why he was trying to catch the mouse in his hands? I think, he was attempting to do that because; he had no traps at present time, and he was trying hard not to kill it in front of us. However, in one foul swoop he came down on that mouse. His big man hands squished his back side, causing the head of the mouse to pop off, and his insides to squirt out, like making play-dough spaghetti. It still haunts me.
2. This morning I got to work and the only other person in my office was upstairs. I sat down at my computer and while turning it on, I heard a strange clicking noise come from an empty office. So, I turned towards the office and spotted something odd on the floor. It took me a couple minutes to figure out it was, a mouse in a trap. I literally felt ill. Because I was thinking the clicking noise, was me hearing the mouse's final moments. As it turns out the poor things wasn't even dead. It was stuck with only one foot to the trap. Causing it to fail around in distress. So naturally I start to scream, and then my work phone rings. So, I pick it up whilst trying to keep it together. But it starts to move again. So, naturally I say into the phone "Oh, shit". Luckily it was my boss's wife, so whew! By this time my boss, the only other person in the office, has come running to my rescue, because he heard my pathetic scream. So, while I am on the phone with his wife, I start screaming at him that there is a half alive, half trapped mouse in that office. And he begins his heroic rescue and disposal of the sad creature.

Now the thing that gets me the most is, why was I screaming? I can't even tell you really, I mean why do any of us scream at the sight of mice? I can tell you that as it started to move, I had a vision of the battered mouse getting loose by having to leave his foot behind. So that all he had was a bloody stump. Then being so angry about being trapped and one foot short. He would come after me seeking revenge with a rabid biteand taking my foot as payment. L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Log