Wednesday, November 25

Big Fat Turkey

Have you ever seen a wild turkey? I have only once and it was a very strange circumstance. I was maybe 12 or 13, and I was hanging out in my bedroom. When something larger than a bird moved past my window. At first I thought it was just me imaging things. Yet, I could hear flapping and something struggle in the bushes outside. So, I went to investigate. Turns out it was a wild turkey in our evergreen bushes. Not a really big one like this fella here, but still large chicken size. Totally random, I still have no idea how a turkey ended up in Kearns. Anyway, after struggling to catch him for what seemed like forever. Due to us being terrified of it and it being terrified of us. We took him to a field behind the elementary school and let him go. It was slightly injured and the probability it lived is low, but I like to think I did a good thing that day, in letting it go. So please, give me this moment. On a completely unrelated subject. My tiny dog Pippin, has been ill and I had to take him to the vet last week. He has been doing much better, except he had a rough morning this morning. So I brought him to work with me. I love having him here. I want to bring him everyday! Oh, and Tomorrow is the Holy Day of Thanks, may your plate runnth over. L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Log