Wednesday, November 4

This Is It!

My Aunt Sherri, loved Michael Jackson. Thanks to her, I spent a good portion of my childhood in a cabin in Wyoming, during the summer holidays, watching MJ music video's on repeat. I would be lying if I said that I was a Michael Jackson fan. I liked his music but as for him, I didn't think too much of him. Not only that, but I did have a hard time understanding those crazy fans. For instance, after he died, Anthony and I went to the supermarket. On our way there, we saw a group of women on the side of the road. They had MJ photos posted to a fence and were dancing in front of the make shift shrine to MJ songs, that were coming from a small radio. I just shook my head and laughed. Because for me personally, I don't love things like that. I have never loved a book series, band, musician, movie or anything , with that kind of a unapologetic fever. Sure I read Twilight and Harry Potter, I have done some funny fan things, like dress up and throw themed parties. But its not a love that I feel so passionately that I eat, drink and sleep them.
I get it now though. Last night we saw This Is It, and I just get it. He was more than the sum of his parts. He was the greatest pop star of our time. You can say whatever you want about him. But Michael Jackson is the King of Pop. L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Log