Tuesday, January 12

to iphone or not to iphone


Anyone out there in blog land that knows me well, knows one truth about me. I don't answer my cell phone. Currently it is at the bottom of my purse, which could be considered a travel bag, its that large. The possibility it is on vibrate or maybe even dead, is highly likely. So anyone that has tried to get a hold of me since I don't even know, possibly Saturday, I will call you back, later.
The deal is this: I hate phones, they exhaust me. I have had a series of less than reliable phones as of late, sometimes they work, mostly they don't. I recently went to AT&T and they replaced my SIM card, they said it was bad; it could be the reason you are having all these problems, they said, and it bummed me out. Great I thought, now will I be expected to answer my phone? I know it frustrates people, but it doesn't bother me. Until, I try to get a hold of someone and they don't answer, and then I get the frustration.
But really, phones don't need and shouldn't be your lifeline. Do you really need to: check email, update your facebook status, twitter, txt - 24/7? NO! If these people aren't good enough friends to talk to in person, why keep them apprised of your goings ons?
One of the guys at work told me the other day that I deserve a iphone? Deserve; not really, I don't even answer my phone on weekends, it sits in my purse, on my coat rack, never touched; never held, my phone know no love. Why pay money for an iphone when I can't even return phones calls promptly? It would just be a whole series of messaging I completely forget about. Even the availability of having the internet in my palm isn't enough. I stare at a computer for eight hours a day. I don't need it in my palm when I finally leave the screen's -deadly-hazy- glow.
So, I guess my point is, I am good with the phone I have. I don't need nor do I want a expensive phone. It won't make me answer it, so what is the point?
None point, I guess.

(Also; this rant doesn't mean I intend on being better about answering my phone. Sorry.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my damn! I do just hope someday you will answer your phone when I call you. That is all. I have learned that I need call you at work if I want to talk to you.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Log