Thursday, January 28

R.I.P, J. D. Salinger

The Catcher in the rye is on of my most favorite books.

Conversely, the way I feel about it is the same way my sister-in-law, Natalie, feels about Eat Pray Love. She love love loved the book, and doesn’t want to come to our book club, because she doesn’t want to hear anything negative about it.
Which I understand, I have books like that, and this is one of them.
I wouldn’t even know where to begin explaining this books importance to me, because you would have to be me, feeling my feelings, and reading it in that particular point in my life.
Do you have anything like that in your life?
A book, a movie, a song?
Something almost sacrosanct, that you don’t want anybody to ruin it for you, and you can’t really explain why it spoke to you?


1 comment:

  1. Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, only I think I can explain (too well, and for too long) why it affected me. No one may speak evil of it, ever.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Log