Monday, January 11

You really shouldn't get inside yourself


{Daybreakers)
Another day, another vampire movie.  As I sat in the theatre yesterday, I thought how strange it was that vampires are so popular right now. When VH1 does their: I love 2009-2010; its going to be all about the vampire craze. Because you can't shed an once of blood these days, without some sicko losing their shiz over it. Which I actually feel really comfortable with. If there was ever a fad I could totally get on board with, its Vampires.

As far as vampire stories go, this one is unique. Instead of vampires being the few, they are the many. I had a hard time getting over the fact that the main characters name was Edward, and that he refused to drink human blood. It was too familiar to me. Part of me can't help but think that the writers did this on purpose. I mean the obviously know about Twilight, who doesn't? So then, what were they trying to say? I can only guess and it ranges from; they totally loved twilight and this is an ode to it; they wanted to appeal to the Twilight audience only to show them waht a true vampire is; they wanted to show us a badass Edward; They don't give a shit about Twilight and they had that name already and I was reading way too much into it. Either way, it doesn't matter. This movie was awesome. It was however very bloody and gore tas tic, which is how vampire sotries should be. So if that makes you squeamish, then I say go home and read Twilight you whimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Log