Wednesday, January 20

T for 2


Lucy and I are avid tea drinkers.
If I was as big of a coffee drinker, as I am a tea drinker, I would probably be more productive at work. Considering the amount of caffeine that would be in my system due to my average of six cups a day. I like all kinds of tea, some with caffeine and some that have none, my favorite is green tea or black: Ooolong or Darjeeling, second herbal: Tazo Passion or Wild Sweet Orange, third is white tea. I sometimes think about traveling through China and India on a tea journey. A self revelation experiment, one cup of tea at a time!
I know that to most people, Tea is pretentious, because you either envision a group of stuffy old ladies enjoying a robust tea with a babbling bout of gossip. Or a very "hip" guy or gal noshing on some "hip" special blend that just happens to taste like a nice compost.Which if I may, is the exact reason I love tea: the taste, especially when it tastes like grass or flowers. I also don't like anything in my coffee or tea, I take my coffee black and my tea naked (the bitter the better). I also love the warmth of tea vs. coffee. I drink coffee, usually with breakfast foods. I don't enjoy just a coffee, usually. I'm a pretty wound up person, so coffee really makes things all kinds of crazy for me: it makes my face sweat, like a nice upper lip sheen. It's better, more enjoyable, when I have some food to go with it; so generally I stay clear of a cup of coffee for shits and giggles.
But, to sit at my desk in the very early hours of my day and hold the warm ceramic cup of hot tea, literally it does something to me. Instead of winding me up more, it unleashes me. My lip doesn't sweat, my mind doesn't whirl and twirl like a drunk pole dancer. Its just calm and collected. The warmth spreads instead of consumes and all I can think about is when I can have another cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Log