Wednesday, December 2

Don't go mistaking Paradise for a pair of long legs

So I don't know if you have ever made the comparison or not, but there are some very similar elements in both Pretty in Pink and Some Kind of Wonderful. Firstly I think the covers are very reminiscent of each other?
I'm not saying they are Identical, by any means, but they evoke the same kind of feeling? Also the set up is essentially the same, you have the unpopular poor kid vying for the love of a popular rich kid (or posing as a rich kid, Miss Amanda Jones). Then you have the quirky but oh so lovable best friend, who would do just about anything, for the friend they love, except tell them, they love them. I mean am I wrong?

The biggest difference of course is how they end. I don't care how many times I see Keith run after Watts, I still get misty eyed. And hands down best line ever in a movie.


Watts " How do I look?"


Keith "You look good wearing my future."


Seriously, I am tearing up now. I am such a sucker for this freakin movie.
Also, can we talk about how buck-a-licious Eric Stoltz is in this movie or how he is always. For a ginger he sure knows how to work it. Also I found it very refreshing that both him and Leah Thompson are gingers. It kinda makes this movie special. Hey Molly Ringwald is probably the most famous ginger. Maybe that is why I love having read hair or redheads in general, interesting.
Can I just say that if I was Andy, I would chose Duckie, not Blaine, is that fair, can I make that claim? I like Blaine alright, but I live to love Duckie. How could you not? His style is priceless and he so adores her. I would run down that dark neighborhood street calling his name then kiss him, even though he had snot on his face, and tell him he looked good wearing my future. However the full confession Blaine offers at the end of Pretty in Pink is something every girl wants to hear from the boy who broke their heart. That and to make out with him, after you get your best friends permission, by his BMW.

Turns out now I just wanna go home and watch these movies back to back while eating an entire chocolate cake. L






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Log