Thursday, December 3

Cookies - A look back



* During December we receive gifts here at my place of employment. Today it was a plate of Lofthouse Cookies, just like the ones you see pictured above. I don't love these cookies, but I don't hate them, I am indifferent to them.
I did ask one of the guys I work with, how many he thought I could eat before I puked. He said "I dare you to eat 8 and not puke." So being the good sport and only girl in my office, which means I am here for their enjoyment, like a poodle in a top hat playing the piano, I said " Oh your on." I consulted Lucy first and she said "DO IT". I had to eat them all in a half hour time frame and there was nothing in the pot except having the satisfaction of out eating the men in my office. I knew I could do it, and I DID IT! in my time frame. Even with the laughter and mocking remarks they assaulted me with, in an attempt to defeat me. I felt fine during the whole ordeal but about an hour later, I was sure I was going to puke. I had to do some serious mind over matter, picturing the rock in my gut as something more pleasant like; Thanksgiving Dinner. I did a lot of breathing and resting my head on my desk, you know, for emotional support. Now five hours later, no puking occurred and I am super hungry. I don't think I would do it again, EVER, but I do have a sense of pride in myself and the further respect of my co-workers. And really, what more could a piano playing poodle ask for? L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Log