Tuesday, February 16

Music Monday on Tuesday!

I hope everyone had a very lovely weekend. I hope your Valentines Day was spent with someone or something you love very much; because that is very important.
 
I would like to discuss for just a hairy sec, this here band and this here album. Firstly, does anyone else feel like the picture on the front, resembles a Rabbit? I'm not talking rabbits; not many that would necessitate and entire rack, just A rabbit? Well I do and I really appreciate that. Secondly, I get very self conscious when I write music reviews. Because either you pick up what I am putting down about a band or you don't. Music is so personal, that I have a hard time waxing poetic about it; which makes no sense, but there it is. Also, I like it when people who review music can compare the lyrics or time changes to food, the weather, or whatever. So I could write a phrase like this: Stephen Patterson has this kind of magical quality when he plays the piano, its like a haunting, gritty, melodramatic wave of harmonic convergence; his voice is so complementary, it is like eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, with your ears.   
I mean, I do think that, to some extent. I really love the way he sometimes plunks away at the ivory keys. But, lets be honest, I think I could just write: White Rabbits album "Its Frightening" is super duper good, I recommend listening it on your way to work at a very high volume. 


1 comment:

  1. It's so good, It's Frightening! This is pretty much the only band featured on a free iTunes download whose whole catalog was so good I went right out and bought almost everything. Watch this band, ya'll, they're going somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Log